Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Gospel According to Mark

I heard this piece a little while ago and I highly recommend it,
especially in light of what we are reading for class tomorrow.

"Paul Theroux reads Jorge Luis Borges’s short story “The Gospel According
to Mark” and discusses Borges with The New Yorker’s fiction editor,
Deborah Treisman. “The Gospel According to Mark” was published in The New
Yorker on October 23, 1971."

It's about 20 minutes long. You should be able to download it to your ipod
or listen to it on your computer. I'd love to talk about it with anyone
who listens to it.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/2007/10/15/071015on_audio_theroux

2 comments:

Saeid said...

i listened to it. now i'm hooked on borges.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.